March 30th, 2014

This week, I added joint limitations to the shoulders, hips, neck, and lower back.  I'm still struggling to get the full range of motion because in some cases, having rotation being calculated in radians is causing -45 and -135 to return the same value and is therefore not allowing me to differentiate between the two in terms of a conditional statement.  I plan to troubleshoot this problem over the course of the next week (before the beta review) to hopefully solve the issue.

Additionally, I began cleaning up my code this week.  As the code base has grown, it's gotten messy and hard to read.  I decided to make my life a little bit easier by fixing all of the tabbing, and over the course of the next couple of weeks I plan to separate out the code into different js files based on their function.  This should cut down on the number of lines of code in each file and will give me a chance to try to consolidate any repeated/duplicate code and to add comments to increase readability.

Over the course of the next week, I plan on adding some additional UI elements that will allow the user to select and rotate joints based off of scrollers and drop down methods.  I think I'll probably run into an issue setting the rotation of the joints to a specific value instead of just adding to the current rotation.  I will also run in to the problem of limiting user inputs to be within the ranges enforced by the current limitations.  If I can make use of sliders instead of typed numerical input, I think it will help with this problem.