April 13th, 2014

This week, I've been swamped with my fine arts thesis project. As such, I haven't been able to spend as much time as I was hoping working on this project.  Mostly, I just reviewed the concepts and the algorithms for implementing inverse kinematics, and started thinking about how to best incorporate it into my code.  I've also been considering the problems ik may cause with my current UI, because by allowing the user to click and drag the effector point would interfere with the camera controls and may cause the two to interact in odd and unexpected ways.  However, I don't want the effector to be controlled with the keyboard because that would limit the ease of use, and make ik seem less effective or useful in the app.

Next week, I'm planning on implementing inverse kinematics, and trying out a couple different ideas on how to allow the user to effectively control the effector point.